Is it safe to swim?
- Yes, The CDC issued guidance that it is safe to swim as the virus cannot be spread via properly chlorinated and maintained pool water. Our pool exceeds the health standards set by the CDC, as we utilize both Ultraviolet purification as well as Chlorine, both of which kill viruses.
- Here is a LINK to the CDC direction on swimming and pool water.
What is All Star doing to comply with Social Distancing?
- We have installed a thermal imaging security camera near the entrance to our facility that will alert us if someone enters who has a fever.
- We request that only one caretaker per child enter the facility.
- Seating accommodations in the viewing area are modified.
- We ask that students arrive only five minutes before their scheduled class time to keep occupancy numbers within guidelines and walkways clear. Likewise, please exit the building as soon as possible following your child’s lesson to assist us in delivering classes on time for the next session.
- Deck staff will be wearing face coverings and swim instructors will be wearing face shields.
- We will be doing temperature checks and health surveys of all staff members before each shift.
What precautions is All Star taking?
- We have always followed CDC cleaning protocols and those set out by other health professionals and authorities. We also use CDC recommended cleaning products.
- The facility will be wiped down throughout the day as swim families come and go every 30 minutes, including high traffic areas and all door handles, tables, chairs, toilets, etc.
- We use a disinfecting fogging machine daily in our facility.
- All pool toys and equipment that may be used will be disinfected between uses.
- Cleaning by our professional agency will continue and, as always, they will use commercial-grade cleaning supplies approved by the CDC.
- Hand sanitizer is available throughout our facility.
- Acrylic barriers have been installed at our front desk.
- We have temporarily removed the toys from our playroom, to reduce the number of surfaces in our facility.
- We will not be able to lend out goggles or towels during this time, please remember to bring these items.
How does All Star maintain the pool?
- Since its inception, All Star Swim Academy has been at the forefront maintaining a pool that fights the spread of viruses and bacteria, including COVID-19, as well as the flu and other common childhood viruses.
- Providing a safe and clean environment is why All Star has invested heavily in the infrastructure of our pool.
- In addition to the appropriate use of chlorine, our pool has a high-quality UV water purification system that keeps the water clean. When water is pumped through our UV system, ultraviolet light rays kill dangerous germs and inactivates viruses.
- All Star is equipped with state-of-the-art equipment that monitors pool chemicals electronically and, in addition, we perform scheduled and documented manual water tests throughout the day to maintain healthy and balanced pools.
- All Star pools are permitted by the governing Health Departments and are periodically inspected without notice by local authorities.